The Roof above the Skyline

4/02/2014 3 Comments



Hello everyone! I finally got some time to work on the blog. I was on spring break for about ten days, so I decided to go on a road trip with my boyfriend. We took five days off our week and drove north to Buffalo. We spent the night in Buffalo and then drove to Niagara Falls - amazing sight that I recommend everyone to visit -. We then decided to hit the road in the afternoon because we wanted to spend as much time as possible in New York City, which none of us had ever seen before.
After seven hours of driving, we finally arrived to New York, our last destination. It is pointless for me to explain how overwhelming the city of New York is. When I talk about overwhelming, I mean it at all levels: sightseeing, life dynamics, all kinds of personalities, diversity, museums, and opportunities. We had a quite restricted budget, so we tried to save money on almost everything, including the hotels (hotels are extremely expensive in New York). After a long search we finally found a very pretty hotel in Brooklyn, the Union Hotel. If you don’t have a high budget and you are staying in New York, I would definitely recommend staying at the Union Hotel: one of the cheapest hotels I found in the area that offers a really cozy environment (the only downside is that the rooms are quite small, but who needs big rooms when the huge city of New York is there waiting for you?!). Now, coming to today’s post, the pictures were taken on the hotel’s roof. I decided to wear a rock but chic outfit, pairing leather shorts and a stoned vest with a classic white sheer shirt. I hope you like the pictures! Again, comment, comment, comment…

P.S. Pictures of Niagara Falls and other sights are coming soon!


STORETS leather shorts
ZARA leather boots
H&M vest
FOREVER21 sheer shirt
LOUIS VUITTON speedy 30


This is a picture of one of the Union Hotel's rooms (I do not own the picture): all rooms are very bright like in this case. The link to the hotel's website is in the post.


3 comments:

I love to read what all of you have to say. Keep writing and I will too. Kisses.
- Francesca